Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I would like to know what are the disadvantages for

Customer Question

Hi Debra, I would like to know what are the disadvantages for employer, if an employee claims for EI
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ontario
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: one of our employee just quit with out any prior notice and now claimed for EI, she is trying to say she got injured in our dental practice. she was working as our front desk!
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just wants to know is she eligible to claims for EI while she quits the job? she is mentioning that her hands are hurting!
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

Is she claiming EI sick leave benefits?

Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!