Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My husband has a no contact order over a fight we had. We've

My husband has a no contact order over a fight we had. We've been together 16 yrs. on Friday I spoke to crown council and they gave a verbal to have it removed on Tuesday in court. We texted each other, he thought I was going to commit suicide and called cops. They said he's in breach?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: British Columbia canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I don't know yet, can I do something to stop it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only if it's going to be a lawyer for Canada, bc

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am a lawyer in Canada.

I am sorry to hear this but he was in breach without a doubt. He was not permitted to text you. I understand why he called the police but he cannot sue his fear that you were going to commit suicide as a reason to text you especially since it sounds like he found out about that concern after texting you.

Do you see what I mean?

I know you wanted to be able to text him but you enabled or caused him to breach. That is not how our legal system works and now he is in further difficulty.

I suggest you don't consider enabling this further or he is going to end up in jail.

Please don't shoot the messenger. I am a senior lawyer and the only way I can see helping you and your spouse is to be completely clear so not further harm is caused.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
is there any chance they won't charge him with Breach or and what does it mean if he is

There is always a chance but not a great one. The main point in his favour is the Crown had agreed to lift the order in court on Tuesday.

It likely means he will be jailed. But again that is not definite but it is unfortunately very possible.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He's not jailed they didn't hold him over

Then that's great and then if the Crown still agrees on Tuesday it will work out.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can I do or say anything to the cops tomorrow or would that make it worse

You should not do anything more.

The matter is going to be considered on Tuesday and for now you should simply make sure you don't allow a further breach and just sit still and wait.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you

You are very welcome.

If we are done please be sure to rate me before you leave the site so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks and I sincerely ***** ***** work out for you.