How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second opinion]. I have recently moved into an apartment

Customer Question

Second opinion] Hi my name is***** have recently moved into an apartment April 2017. I noticed that someone was coming into my house while I was gone because things were always going missing. There was also dirt and misplaced things. With that being said, one day I took off work. My landlord knocked on my door one day and I stayed quiet because I knew it was him since no one else has a copy of my keys. He knocked twice and when I didn't answer, he came in. I caught him in my apartment without my consent. How can I proceed with taking him to court and how much can I ask for mental stress?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

What province are you in please?

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.


Related Canada Law Questions