Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I was issued a civil settlement offer, saying that i

Customer Question

hi, i was issued a civil settlement offer, saying that i committed Theft Under $5000 violation
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: i'm an international student at the moment and the police dismissed me, and was wondering what are the effects and consequence of this charge? it's in Ontario
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i received two documents, the Civil Settlement Offer and the Notice Prohibition Entry the store's security did fill out my personal information for store record
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my main question is how would this affect my criminal record and what are potential consequences
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.