Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I was at the hospital in Canada the other day did not sign

Customer Question

I was at the hospital in Canada the other day did not sign any consents
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: didn't sign anything they did a urine drug and it came back positive for the my dr just called me and dumped me as a pt
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: They reported to my dr
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am extremely upset as I was not aware and I am an RN
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had called EMS on the side of the highway extreme headache
Prone to migraines had a bad dizzy spell pullled over to safety
Was totally aware of all my surroundings
Gave all medical info to nurse EMS attending dr including prescribed meds no confusion no reason for urine drug screen to be done no loss of consciousness totally inappropriate no consent signed
All meds found prescribed unfortunately had thc which is also prescribed but not acceptable as RN what are my rights also why and how do I deal with the hospital that did this without my consent and get this under wraps as I am a professional......and word travels fast my dr is very upset and refuses to prescribe my pain meds now and I have a very painful aggressive medical disease of my back called anklyosying spondylitis
And I have been in an acute flare since April and have failed 3 biological medications with terrible side effects..... I have been treated like dirt for years as a result of the use of pain meds let alone have this happen please advise
Thank you
B Reilly
Email***@******.***
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My phone no is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

What was the reason given for calling your doctor?

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi there
The sent over the results to. My family dr .... again no reason for that either usually you are asked if you wish to share info from your visit with the family doc I wasn't even asked....
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was in between a funeral viewing and funeral when I received the call from my dr that he has the results....and due to the rules and regulations set forth by our lovely government legislature requires any positive results withbanything other then what is prescribed is grounds for family dr to stop prescribing current narcotics....
So then send the individual to the streets basically sad system we live in
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

But you provided them with the name of the family doctor, right?

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I must have....
I just want to know what to do with this....
And can we please delete my name and phone number from above conversation I have not received any emails from you and I had to look through my history to find this site.....
Can I go back against the hospital
It doesn't matter now
I have no family dr
I am know going to have to try and find one who will take me on
With pain meds ya right!
Impossible this day and age
I might as well move to mexico live on the streets
I have been abused for years as a result of chronic leditimate pain with MRI and blood work back up of a horrible painful spine disease that has taken my future dreams away.....
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have been billed 2x for this please respond
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have accepted that I need a new dr
I want to close or go after the hospital that did this
That's all please advise
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

You can go to any doctor or hospital you want.

If you gave them the doctor's name there is an implied consent that they are to report to the doctor. They didn't need your consent for this reason. As you know the approach to health care is that you have a team helping you if you go to the hospital. This is known as a circle of care.

There is no doubt that the hospital would report to your doctor if they had concerns because they must report to the prescriber of the medication.

After you rate me I can ask the site to lock the post so your personal information will be removed.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?