Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My citizenship was revoked last year on ground of fraud

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: my citizenship was revoked last year on ground of fraud presentation of documents I was citizen since 2005 , my two kids also got the letter now after c6 what is our status we can get our citizenship back we are stuck up in foreign land and we cannot travel or go anywere
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I had lawyer who filed appeal against revocation and even apply for pr card which stats in letter we are by default but we did not get any thing our passports were taken back by Canadian consulate in dubai
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes we have home and all assets in toronto
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just I want know what is the status of our Citizenshp after today c6 bill passed and federal court approve the revocation is unconstitutional pls advise if you can
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

This is not yet law as the Act has not yet received Royal Assent so it is not yet the law.

When it is the law you will be able to make a claim to relating to your loss of citizenship though it is not clear yet what the process will be and also whether you will regain your citizenship automatically.

So you will have to wait first until the Act receives Royal Assent and then follow the CIC website and the news closely to see how they are treating cases such as yours relating to fraudulent documents.

If you receive your citizenship back you can then get a passport and travel back to Canada.

I hope that helps for now.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?