Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I have a suite I am renting with my fiancee, we gave in our

Customer Question

I have a suite I am renting with my fiancee, we gave in our notice at the end of May and paid rent for June but are living at our new home as of right now. We found out yesterday though the managers have been doing showings of our suite, the notice we got was given on June 13, and says their doing showings between 9am-5pm on June 14,15,& 16. I believe this is a violation of our rights and want to know if we are in our right to launch formal complaint against the building managers and company. The company we rent through is Kelson Group
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I'm in Alberta, Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet we aren't sure what to do at this point
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We aren't looking for any money back we just want the building managers fired
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

I am not quite following the facts.

If you are living in your new home why does it matter if the landlord is showing the suite to prospective tenants? How is this violating your rights? Could you please just explain a bit more.

Thanks