Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I opened an Ontario Business account and gave it the same

Customer Question

I opened an Ontario Business account and gave it the same name as the company where I work. The company is in the transition of a sale and it was found out during due diligence procedure. They obtained my business licence and requested that I cancel the licence in order to proceed with the sale, which I did. Now they are requesting copies of the business bank statements. I told them that the account was a slush fund to hide money from my wife. I have not been back to work since Thursday. I am 67 years old and only work 3 days a week (part time). As of today there has been no indication if the sale took place. What should I do?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

I am not quite following the facts.

Are you saying you are not going back to work because you don't know if you have a job any more?

And are you also saying that there is a bank account that is your own account but it sounds like is owned by the company and they are concerned you took their money?

Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!