Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have applied for Express Entry under skilled worker

Customer Question

I have applied for Express Entry under skilled worker programme. However, currently I am keeping my funds in my home loan account as extra/excess amount and they are more than minimum requirement. However, the home loan statement will show balance in negative amount. Anyway, I can get a letter from bank whenever required that excess funds are immediately available, can be readily repatriated to foreign currency and are in mortgage account as excess amount for more than a year.
However, the requirement for proof of funds is bank statement. Please let me know that mentioned letter from bank will be able to meet the requirements for Express entry.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 5 months ago.

Yes that will work.

So long as the bank provides you with a letter that makes it clear what your total funds re that you possess rather than what is available for a loan that will work just fine.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 5 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?