How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking to get a divorce and don't not a lot of money

Customer Question

i am looking to get a divorce and don't not a lot of money to pay for a lawyer i have heard of a pro bono lawyer just don't know how to go by finding one or how to file for a divorce or what steps to take
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: i am from Saskatchewan Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i have filled an separation letter two years ago and been separated for 4 years now
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that i have one child under the age of 18 and lives with her mother
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Are you asking just about applying for a divorce, or are there any outstanding issues other than getting a straight divorce?

Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.