I want know when sex offender registry dates my nam

Customer Question
I want know when sex...

I want know when sex offender registry dates my nam john **********JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Customer: Alberta Edmonton JA: Has anything been filed or reported? Customer: I not know JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: Yes laws before time I want know how long yrs sex offender

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
You will call sex offender registry l want know how long for sex offender registry for me l say not like life sex offender registry because l am deaf

My John ************ l am deaf l live Edmonton Alberta

Answered in 2 days by:
5/14/2017
Lawyer: Copperlaw, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer

Good evening John. I would be happy to assist you with your inquiry relating to the Sex Offender Registry. Please let me know what your specific question is as it is not entirely clear. Are you simply looking to find out how long you are on the registry for? And please do not post any personal information here as these discussions are not private and can be viewed publicly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Jim

Hello l very tired tell you why you say can't me you say my self call to sex offender registry because l am deaf l can't call to sex offender registry that problem how you understand ok well

I understand clearly that you are deaf. You have provided that information in your initial question. Also, this is the first time that I have chatted with you. I have not told you to call the registry. They would not give any information over the telephone anyhow.

If you are only looking to find out how long you are on the registry for, this can be determined in a number of ways. It will be on the documents that you would have received from the Court after your conviction. You can check those documents.

Alternatively, you can attend at your local police station and they will be able to look it up for you. You will likely need to provide them with photo identification so that they can be certain who they are providing the information to. They can pull it up on their computer as the information will be registered on the CPIC system.

Lastly, you can check in with the officer in charge of the registry in your jurisdiction or with your probation officer. Either one will be able to tell you how long you will be on the registry for. You should have met with the officer in charge of the registry after your conviction and then on an annual basis, so hopefully you remember who that is.

We cannot look that information up here for you.

Please let me know if you require anything further.

Jim

You look my picture me that deaf you understand ok

I accept that you're deaf. That's not an issue. Plus, I don't know how someone could tell you're deaf from looking at a picture...

And please do not post any personal information here, such as your name and photo, as you have done. These are public discussions and I would not want anyone to cause you any issues.

If we are done here, I would ask that you provide a positive rating. Once you've indicated we are finished, I will ask a moderator to lock this question so that it cannot be seen by the public.

Jim

I not want long yrs life from sex offender registry police give me life sex offender registry But court told me only 10 yrs. 2006 to 2016. Same time my parole office. But l shock it. Police gave me life. From sex offender registry that why. But problem ok l want Appel to court ok well l very tired tell to lawyer then l am fed up then l try send new Lawyer name is ***** ***** in Edmonton but back not tell me ok for 2 yrs. why. You understand

Yes, I understand.

If the Court ordered that you be placed on the Sex Offender Registry for a period of 10 years, then that is it. The police cannot unilaterally place people on the Registry, nor can they choose how long the person is subject to the Registry. You are only placed on the Registry for the duration set out by the Court. So if you were only given 10 years on the Registry, then it will expire upon completion of the 10 years. The police cannot extend the Order.

The police may choose to "flag" you on their local records system as having been previously convicted of sex offences, however this is certainly not the same as being on the National Registry and does not carry with it any reporting or other conditions for you to comply with. The only way an order could be extended or changed is by Order of the Court. Any flag placed on you within the police computers would not show up on a criminal record or CPIC check done by any law enforcement agency.

Have you received any additional documentation from the Courts or the Registry showing that you are on there for life?

Jim

life but l not want life But l am confused life or 10 yrs My file sex offender registry none sign circle check by 10 yrs and 25 yrs and life You understand

Yes. I understand.

If the court ordered that you be subject to the Registry for 10 years, then that is all that you are on the Registry for. If the court told you 10 years and your probation officer confirmed that it was 10 years, then it is 10 years, not life.

You know court rule only 10 yrs not life ?? From sex offender registry but sex offender registry gave me life. Why that different story that worse well

You need to get the original Order from the Court and it will show that the Court only ordered 10 years. The Registry should have a copy of the Order.

Please you can call sex offender registry for me l wait for you. You are lawyer right. My name is John ************** l am deaf. I live in Edmonton ok. You understand

Copperlaw
Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer