How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101008
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have my son under my care and his mother went to jail and

Customer Question

I have my son under my care and his mother went to jail and the goverment is making it difficult for me to prove hes under my care
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In manitoba Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I fired for his child tax but didnt know i had to get a lawyer to get custody
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: His mom got out of jail and is trying to fine that she has custody of him again when hes under my care
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

You don't need an agreement to prove custody. You don't even need an order.

You can provide school records, a letter from a doctor, dentist etc.

You can provide documentation showing the mother was in jail etc.

Does that help?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?