I suffered from Dapsone-induced methemoglobinemia 3 years

Customer Question
ago, and since then, everything...
I suffered from Dapsone-induced methemoglobinemia 3 years ago, and since then, everything in my life has had to change. Career etc. Memory issues due to lack of oxygen.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Alberta Canada actually Fort McMurray
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I dont understand. By me??
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know what else they need to know except everything
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
5/11/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this but what is your question exactly?

Thanks

Is the drug manufacturer responsible? I have since had to change from being an emergency response RN due to mind cloudiness from being deoxygenated. My O2 sats we're 58% and I was still walking and talking the day they had to intubate me, and airlift for treatment in Edmonton. My performance review this year went from very good to average due to memory related work issues. I was recently diagnosed with dramatic short term memory loss. I will probably have to go to Long Term Disability (at 53), as a RN with these issues, has little to offer I understand that this is a gap riddled document, and I appreciate you trying to figure out what I am saying.
Paul.

Were you ever told that this is a possible side effect?

not that I recall

When you get the medication is there printed material that goes with it and if so does that list this as a possible side effect?

And did anyone doctor say this is a case of malpractice or blame the manufacturer?

I will check with my Pharmacist tomorrow.
My case is very odd. The nurses in the ER that day said they assumed I would die there. I didn't think to much of it until all of these other side effects.

Can you check and then get back to me tomorrow?

Sure can. Thank you and have a great evening!!

You too.

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor