Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I submitted my application for PR together with my family

Customer Question

I submitted my application for PR together with my family back in the Philippines 2010. Everything were ok except for the medical which kept on getting expired and they kept going for remedical. Every time I call the immigration call centre, they'll say no problem. I just have to wait. End of April this year my family went for the 3rd retrieval and there is no problem with their health or anything. My problem Now is, my daughter message me if I received their medical results because I have to submit something to the immigration apparently BUT in that medical documents. It says, they already sent those forms to immigration. For the first time I receive the medical results whereas before I never did. I tried calling the immigration last Monday but all it says, high volume of callers. ...i am worried if I don't submit this again, that's again a reason for the delay since it had been almost 8 yrs already.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If I opt to seek a lawyer assistance. Is there a guarantee I will finally get my PR? I went through so much expenses with all their medical expenses for 3x since my application and renewal of work permits and passports. I would hardly afford again any lawyer fees and consultations.
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am here in Edmonton, canada
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Your question ended up in the U.S. immigration law question but it seems your question is about Canadian immigration law. Is that correct?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Ok. I will opt out and have it transferred to that category. No need to respond here as it could delay the transfer. Thank you and sorry for the confusion.

Expert:  Debra replied 5 months ago.

I am a lawyer in Canada and happy to help.

If you retain a lawyer there are no guarantees as the lawyer acts for you and puts your best case forward. They don't make decisions.

But an experienced lawyer will be able to get through all this red tape and will also know whom to call if there is a problem and won't have to wait to speak to someone they way you do.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-***-***-****

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 5 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?