Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I need some clarification for Canada immigration, I am from

Customer Question

I need some clarification for Canada immigration
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am from India and applied for Nova Scotia Express Entry... have some confusion hence need to talk some expter
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes... I have filed the application few months back...
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.. I think that is enough...
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

What is your confusion about?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
regarding my employment status of last 2.5 years
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am self employed from last 2.5 years and trying to take business in upward direction. Since it is software product development I have no revenue or income to show.
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Did you already start the process?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry I was out.. Yes already started the process ... have created online profile too. It is for Nova Scotia express entry category B
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

The program is closed for now. But are you saying that you are OK because you are in the middle of the process so they accepted your application in the sense that you can go ahead?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
program is closed now. I was not able to submit application since it was for very short time. But I am planning to submit it at reopening ..
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

OK

So you don't have to show income.

You have to show that you have enough money to allow you to settle successfully in NS.

If you have savings you will be OK.

But if not you may not be able to succeed.

They want to see that you are fine when you move and not that you will be fine after you move and start working.

Does that help?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Showing income (settlement funds) is not my problem that I am ok with that. My problem is my employment history of last 2.5 years which is self-employed and earned nothing. So technically I can't show earnings of last 2.5 years..
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Yes but you can show that you were working I am sure.

Even if there was no earnings you can show how you worked building the business right?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can show that...but I am now sure how. Since it is software product (mobile application for fashion e-commerce). As I read that self-employed applicant need support document like client testimony, invoices, bank statement and company IT return. I am skeptical about success of application due this reason. How can I make it more convincing to immigration agent.
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

You can show all yo did in the past two and half years.

You can show your website, what monies you expended on this business, etc.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
does that make my case less strong? And as you mention for money expenditure I can show It returns but how to show website since NSNP form doesn't have separate mentions for these things.
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

It makes your case less strong because you are going to have a hard time proving your work experience but so long as you can figure out how to prove that you built this business for two years you will be OK.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a total experience of 15 years and from 2004 to 2015 I have submitted all documents/reference letters/Income Tax returns and other proofs. Self-employed stuff is only from last two years. Am I still at risk of rejection?
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

There are no guarantees but that is an excellent history and I believe it will work.

If you can afford it perhaps you should retain an immigration lawyer in NS to portray you position in the best possible way.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How much immigration lawyer charge?
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

It would likely be a couple of thousand dollars.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
do you know any lawyer in NS?
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

I don't but there is a lawyer referral service you can rely on:

http://www.legalinfo.org/how-lisns-can-help/i-need-a-lawyer.html

Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?