Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Lawyer past away and I moved, so I can not afford a lawyer.

Customer Question

Hi there Tom, my name is***** lawyer past away and I moved, so I can not afford a lawyer. I have a letter signed by my ex husband think it is called some kind of consent, he did not want it filed with fro...my lawyer agreed to that, but now he has not paid the back support and the agreed support for 3 years now
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: nothing has been filed with the courthouse
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I spoke to the courthouse here, they said to make I ask the lawyer also about when I try to get a court order can I put on that order, 1, the 3 years back child support with consent letter, 2.The agreed back child support settlement, 3, My son is now in university and the shared costs of that, my ex husband just inherited $250,000 dollars and still has not paid anything
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Are you saying there is a separation agreement that deals with support?