Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My wife and we filed for for bankcruptcy September

Customer Question

my wife and we filed for for bankcruptcy September 2016,since then my wife was paying 200$ every month,for my part I was unable to pay the amount I owed to the creditors,and now they are telling us to sell our house if not they told us that they will garnishee my wages in order for me to have enough money to cover the amount I owed.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Alberta,canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: the other day we had a meeting with our trustee and they told us that if we came up with a reasonable payment plan , that they will not garnishee my wages,and that will give us enough time to sell our property,and with the profit we will be able to pay off portion of our debt.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: sounds great thank you.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: one question we need to ask is when they mentioned to us that our income tax return is going to the estate.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
certainly thanks Rich
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
cannot afford it right now
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We would prefer that we text messages then call.
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 4 months ago.

That phone call is an offer the website makes, text messages are great. I will respond shortly. Thanks for your patience.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
we have more patience then money that's for sure.
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry, did you file bankruptcy in Canada?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
in Alberta,Canada are you still able to answer my questions ?
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 4 months ago.

No, I am sorry that I cannot. The subject might to be changed to Canada law. I wish I could but I know nothing of Canadian law. I hope you find someone that can help.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you refer us to a Canadian (Justanswer.com ) ?