Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I am filing a suit and need help with wording. I purchased a

Customer Question

I am filing a suit and need help with wording. I purchased a atv that was stolen, reported it to the police, and it was confiscated. Do I have to name the rcmp in the lawsuit?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Alberta. Purchased may 13 /2016. Police report is dated July 4/2016
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes. Police said to wait until the investigation was completed. Nobody was charged.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Im not sure
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

How much is the ATV worth? How did you find out it was stolen?

Who sold it to you? Are the police saying they will charge the seller or didn't the seller know it was stolen?

Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!