How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I never used a legal representative to put the lease for our

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I never used a legal representative to put the lease for our cottage in my daughter and husbands name. I just typed it out on a pece of paer is it legal
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Saskatchewan canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The paper I gave her just went to our local board at our little lake
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Under the homestead act can I just get it back or do i need a lawyer and then she put a lien on it instead of their home to take out a loan to pay off a debt she owed
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 5 months ago.

I don't understand. Is this the same question from yesterday?

It seems different because you are now talking about a lease.

Please explain.