How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100383
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to get charges of abuse off my husband can i get a

Customer Question

I want to get charges of abuse off my husband can i get a meeting to talk to the ministry in person ?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Canada manitoba
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Im the wife victim our 2 boys were the ones that made the complaint with an adult that was completly in the wrong to put our kids in that position at the time of the insident there was an argument and it was both of us i have been sick with cronic pain 4 15 years but last 3 have been hard i got angrey and difficult to care for and i would get mad at my husband and our life was upside down our kids were worried but after they realized what the charges were and seeing that they didnt want dad charged they now deal with lots of quilt and sadness saying they just wanted to help but didnt want mom and dad apart and its been a nightmare for all of us what can i do i talked to victims services everything and im sick alone havent been with my husband no contact order what can i do i will not go to court
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: K
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

There is no person in the Ministry to speak to. This has nothing to do with any Ministry.

You can try and speak to the Crown and let them know what you think. But neither you nor your boys charged your spouse. The police did because they had reasonable grounds for believing an offence has occurred. And the Crown believes that they will get a conviction.

If you are subpoenaed you have to go to court. There is no choice. You would be arrested and jailed if you do not. That is the last thing your boys need to see happen.

Victim services likely explained this to you as well.

So tell the Crown your position and how you and the boys feel. But honestly, that is all you can do.

Does that help explain the law even though it it now what you were really hoping to hear?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 4 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Related Canada Law Questions