Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I signed numerous contracts with a creditor with a lot

Customer Question

I signed numerous contracts with a creditor with a lot verbal understanding on the side which has led to be a lie and that they were just securing themselves to leave me hanging
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that it sounds like you are in somewhat of a difficult situation.

Please start at the beginning and set out the basic facts because right now I'm just not quite sure what happened.

Then, please set out your specific question.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We borrowed money from a creditor to be more profitable in our expansion...a piece of equipment failed and they turned back to say they would help us move forward and sue that company with the failed equipment...they only had a second mortgage on some of our land...we worked with them and things went good...this summer they made us transfer our land in there saying it was to protect us and now hVe bailed on us leaving us high and dry
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want to know how much validity there is in what was verbally spoken to what we signed with them
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello
Expert:  Debra replied 6 months ago.
Verbal agreements are binding except with respect to the sale of land but they are harder to prove.If you have witnesses that would be excellent.It does seem odd that a creditor would not want something in writing and that will make your case stronger because if they don't want something in writing what exactly are they trying to hide?So what I suggest you do is quickly see a lawyer in your city and have that lawyer send them a letter setting out your demands and threatening a lawsuit.Does that help as a starting point?Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions that you may have. If you do not have any follow-up questions I hope that you feel that I have earned a five star rating. However, if you do not please do not hesitate to let me know how I can better assist you.Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you could ask follow-up questions at a later date without further charge.
Expert:  Debra replied 6 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?