Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I purchased a bare land strata property, my completion date

Customer Question

I purchased a bare land strata property, my completion date was dec 9/16, the developer has still not completed the construction of the property where I can live in it and I am already having to make mortgage payments-what recourse do I have
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: This is in British Columbia canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I don't understand?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: The mortgage documents have been filed - I have title but the contractor hasn't completed to where I can live in the property - who should I be reporting to?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this but what does your contract say about changing the completion date?