Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Are you located in Toronto, otherwise no need to go any

Customer Question

Are you located in Toronto, otherwise no need to go any further. ThANS.
JA: No. I'm the Lawyer's Assistant. What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Right, i'm in toronto, Ontario
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no, was dismissed today after 14 years
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not sure really. But being that i was admin and HR, i know my firm usually lowballed when firing someone. Want to know if it's even worth my time to ASK ASK ask for a higher amount based on 14 years of working at same firm
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I am a lawyer in Ontario.

I am sorry to hear this.

What is your specific question please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well, I have been in the financial industry for over 33 years, and with my employer (terminated today) for 14 years. They gave me 1 years salary and a bonus. Seems like an ok deal, although, I know that my employer usually lowballed when they were dismissing past employees. Also, my current manager and I did not click. Nothing unprofessional here. At my exit interview I asked him if he was dismissing me due to our relationship, being that I was not his favourite person, and that we did not click. I have never been fired and always well liked by all my previous managers. He stated that was taken into the factoring decision. I'm certain that I would still be employed if he was not my manager. Want to know if I should ask for more money. I was in an admin HR type of role. Implemented many things in the department that were my sole doing. Since I haven't been unemployed well over 30 years, not sure how to navigate the situation. Thanks.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, thanks. When available, he can contact me here. I'll be around.
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. As I am a lawyer in Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

Can I go ahead?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is the charge $5.
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I will ask customer service to contact you to explain what the charge is I don't know what it is myself. I don't work for the site but just log in the way you do and see a list of questions and choose which to answer.

After you speak to customer service if you want to go ahead reply back and let me know.

Thanks