Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I work in Edmonton med spa. NEW IMAGE COSMETIC. I work

Customer Question

I work in Edmonton med spa . NEW IMAGE COSMETIC. I work tuesday till Saturday. my manager close this place 24Dec and 31 DEC as a long weakend . NOw they dont like to pay for this days. I never had long weakend pay or sick days ,benefits ETC what can i do . They pay me only 18.75 per hour after 5 years . I am esthetishian with 20 years expiriance .
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Alberta
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: also when we are not busy she is sending us home but no pay . I made 29,842.76 last year . I am stragle with situation .
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

You are an employee and not an independent contractor, correct?

They take EI and CPP and taxes from your paycheques?

But they don't pay you overtime, or give you vacation days or vacation pay or holiday pay?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok. Thank you
Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

I think you missed my questions.

Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!