How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have received a court order today to seize my children.

Customer Question

I have received a court order today to seize my children. with that said I have full custody in Alberta but he got full custody in Ontario I wasn't aware of court I wasn't given any papers or nothing. cops said today they weren't going to take the kids but says my ex has to be present so can be anytime. I am currently receding in Winnipeg Manitoba and have the children with me. and all my paper work is in Alberta, would I be able leave Manitoba head to Alberta so I can grab the paper work or am I stuck here. I'm not sure what to do
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I received documents today thru email stating I have to hand the children over thru justice court in Ontario but I went thru queens bench in Alberta and was given full custody in alberta
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Where do the children habitually reside?

Expert:  Debra replied 7 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my question to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.


Related Canada Law Questions