Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am just trying to understand your webpage. How do I attach

I am just trying to understand your webpage. How do I attach a photo or file. If I can send a pleading it would make your life easier.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

There is an attach file button but if you don't see it you can either contact customer service to ask or else you can send the document in an email to customer service and they will forward the email to me.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not understand what I signed up to. What are your fees. I tried to contact customer service and thy have not answered me. This information cannot be that difficult to provide.

I don't know what you are asking.

I answered you on your first post and I don't know if we are done. You've not replied back but you also did not rate me.

You started this post and I answered it.

I told you to click the attach button but if you cannot find it to email the document to the site who will forward it to me.

I don't know what you mean when you say you don't understand what you signed up to. But I don't work for the site. I am a practicing lawyer and I log into the site the way you do and then I see a list of questions and choose which to answer.

I will send a message to customer service for you now.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry for all this confusion. The site is hard to understand. I was under the impression that I signed up to be a member. And yet I was billed $47.00 for an answer. I do not object to the $47.00. Your exchange with me convinced me that you would be able to assist me. I am on limited income and I have to be sure that I can afford your charges. The exchange we had was well worth $47.00. Just to know that you care was worth $47.00. Whoever designed the JustAnswer web page designed a confusing page. The best I can determine is that you have to pay for answers until I become a member. In my case the web page was confusing and I paid the $66.00 for membership and then I was billed $47.00 which I did not expect and then I assumed that with membership you also had to pay a fee for each question in addition. My credit card only has a limit of $500 and I do not need unexpected charges on it as then everything goes crazy because my limit is not very high. .I did not rate you as I did not know that there was a rush. Do I have to rate you after each question-answer.Do one suggested that the fee for the question would be $47.00. I checked with Mastercard and it was there.
Now I get this question is closed. What does that mean. It is very confusing.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If at all possible I would like to continue this dialogue with you.I have to calm down and only seek clarification when I can verbalize things clearly.
.

The question is now open.

Did customer service clarify things with you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was directed to terms of service. I could not find the amount one is charged for information prior to the 7-days before a membership is activated. Also it did not explain how many questions you can ask but it did say if it was excessive JustAnswer could cancel your membership. One question could have many parts and each part might need an answer.. Also I was not able to confirm what membership I signed up for. Maybe the easiest way to handle this is for you to mention that I would be charged for additional information. Then there is a page for additional gift if I thought the service was good but now I cannot find that.What do you mean with the sentence: The question is now open. Does that mean it is still open.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It seems that JustAnswer is a wonderful source for information. What we need in this overload information world.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just woke up after having an afternoon sleep. I was thinking about you and I was fearful that you could not provide more information for whatever reason. The fear caused me to wake up agitated and oaken wet. I have been through so much and I am so vulnerable.

Please stop worrying about me. I will continue to help you. You have enough to worry about.

I am going to take some time to find out for myself what you signed up for and have someone get back to you with specific information.

What I meant when I said the question was open is that this post was closed for a while and I think that is because I sent the message to customer service.

What I am going to do is contact the staff on the site who help experts.

They will assist me in getting you the correct information.

I don't think I will hear back until tomorrow so don't worry about any delay.

Have a good night.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
A web site is like the law. Open to interpretation.I do not mind paying beyond the membership commitment but I have to know ahead of time as I am. on a limited income.To add to my stress where I rent the new owner wants to redevelop and he wants me out by mutual agreement. Considering rents in Vancouver I would have to pay $double if I moved. I was told by his agent that if I do not move they will find reason to evict me. They gave me back my postdated cheques and was told that the owner did not want them. I did not know what to do but I did know that if the rent is not paid they can evict me. So, I ran to the bank, got a certified money order for the rent, and personally delivered to the law firm for the owner the rent. I am willing to move if I get a buyout for my lease but I doubt that the owner will agree. The owner put a construction fence around the property inviting vandalism. They even attempted to shut off the water and the electricity. I was lucky as I was home and told them that there must have been a mistake as I still live here. I asked for a new key to the laundry/storage room which they refused. Past tenants have keys to these areas which could invite unauthorized visits. I live by myself. There is no one family or friend who is capable of advocating for me especially after my reputation was defamed by Vancouver Coastal Health. authorized. You must know the argument VCH won't have done that unless you were guilty. Quilty of what I ask. Quilty of being a fiduciary to my husband.....I have to go to the court registry and pull the petition for my 100% banning so I can email it to you. VCH will use the same arguments to justify my continued banning. Even if I needed acute care I am afraid to go to VGH as I suspect I have been purple dotted.

I will read what you need me to read when I get the file.

And I did send a message to my support people and will hear back tomorrow I am sure.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Another complaint I have on this site is that if I wish to communicate with you I am only offered a stamp-sized entry space which is hard to compose even with the edit function. It is very frustrating. You might want to pretend you are a customer and you will understand the deficiencies of the webpage. It was as if this entry was designed this way to dissuade customers.

I am sorry to hear this.

I cannot enter the site as a customer unfortunately.

I will mention this to my support people as well.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you tell me do you get paid per question asked or do you just have a flat one time payment if a customer is a member. Financially it might be more advantageous to you if you were paid per question i.e. without a membership.

We get paid once per separate post.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want to know what is a separate post. I want to be able to word my questions so that you are paid.

It is starting a new question separately and not asking questions in a chain like we are doing now.

Each time you start a new post you can do that here:

http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legal-ease/

I only get paid when I am rated positively and I can only get paid once per chain of questions.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. I need another information. If I was represented by a lawyer and the petitioner had a lawyer, do the lawyers discuss (try to convince) each other of the merits so that the action never reaches a courtroom. Where do I start a post.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am still confused. Do you determine if it is a new question or does some computer algorithm decide. I want to make sure that you are adequately paid. I do not want to take advantage of you nor do I want JustAnswer to take advantage of you. I have to go out so I will not be able to access my computer until this evening. I have a cell phone but I do not know how to use it effectly except for 911.

This is a new legal question. I will answer it here as I've not yet provided an answer. Then we can discuss my answer further if you need to.

Then if you want to start a new question you post it at the link I provided above.

So long as you start each new question on a new post and so long as we keep all follow-up questions on the same post as the original question we are being fair to me and to the site.

The lawyers try to settle if possible as going to court is very expensive but your own lawyer can never offer any settlement that you don't first approve and must provide you with all offers to settle even if they don't think you should take it.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not interested in you providing me excellent service. I want to make sure that you are adequately paid. Apparently according to terms and services if I ask too many questions Just Answer can cancel my membership at any time. And how would Legal Ease ever know.

I am legal ease.

I get paid when you rate me.

I don't know how that site deals with the membership because I just log in the way you do and I see a list of questions. It is all I see.

So you have to ask the site about all of these other issues as I simply don't know how any of that works.