Do i have to pay the interest plus principal iff the place a

Customer Question
do i have to pay...
do i have to pay the interest plus principal iff the place a lien on my property
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ontario canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not at the present time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/7/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear that you are in this difficult situation.

The lien has nothing to do with what you have to pay. The lien just secures the debt.

You still owe exactly what you owed before the lien was registered and have the same obligation to pay as before.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Debra, Lawyer