Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I'm having trouble with the city of castlegar. They put in

Customer Question

i'm having trouble with the city of castlegar. They put in water meters and mine was installed incorrectly causing my basement to flood. Took 3-4 hours to vaccum out basement. 2nd time as the installer from the city also flooded the basement when he put it in. I tried to contact city when main line into the house burst and also called 24 hours civic emergency line. NO answer. as of jan.2/17. when i called jan 2 to city they said they would have someone out to fix it. no once has come and now i hear it may be another week. do i have any recourse?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: bc canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i've documented everything. city guy also documented all.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my friend who was a building inspector in ont said the city guy put the "wrong fitting on for the application".
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I am horrified by your facts. I can just see myself in that situation and I feel terrible for you.

Do you have water now?

Is there further damage being caused on an ongoing basis until they come back next week?