How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101416
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How much money am I looking at to file a LAWSUIT against a

Customer Question

How much money am I looking at to file a LAWSUIT against a person for "Slander" and "Abuse of Law"?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state you're in?
Customer: BC
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I need to challenge a court order and the only way to rectify is to win the lawsuit
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just a ball park of how much monies needed?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are in a difficult situation.

Are you asking about legal fees?

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.


Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm an American who was divorced in BC Canada and the Claimant has been able to procure gratuitous awards one after another via egregious accusations.In addition, the Claimant has committed perjury fabricating photos of bruises & stating that I committed all sorts of abuse -as I have ZERO arrests yet the Claimant was arrested for Domestic Violence.And to make matters worse -the court granted the Claimant permission to serve court documents via "email" when my USA address was on file and the only thing I received via email was the final court order.I also find it strange that when I decided to appeal the Claimant used a 3rd party to email me and they show a "sent" but I never received anything.Point is.....I'm dealing with a Biased, Prejudice and incompetent court via heavy handed court orders from the courts and this Claimant has been able to spin manifested extreme differences via "egregious accusations" and I will never get a fair court hearing until I bring to light the sordid behavior of the Claimant and I've already withdrew my appeal recently -I need to file a LAWSUIT for Abuse of Law, Slander, Chikd Abuse via "Parental Alienation".How much money would be a good start?Please advise.Respectfully
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

For a case like this I am sure the lawyer would at least want a $5000 retainer if no more.

Lawyers charge hourly rates so if you want an experienced, aggressive lawyer the hourly rate is going to be high. In major cities lawyers often charge more and lawyer who have large firms may charge more as well.

So you would have to call around but should know that if this goes to trial it can cost you many, many tens of thousands of dollars at least.

I am sorry that this is not what you wanted to hear but of course you need the right answer.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?