How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

It is a sticky situation. First off, my brother's lawyer

Customer Question

It is a sticky situation. First off, my brother's lawyer quit on him as my brother owes him money. My brother has no money.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ontario canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The question is. His ex's lawyer filed a motion for court to be held on Thursday Jan 5. My brother did not receive this information until Dec 19th. He has had 5 days to get everything together, get an affidavit signed and have this submitted to the court 4 1/2 hrs away by today.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He wants to know how to get a continuence for next month as he only has 2 days and he has no transportation until Friday. If he doesn't do something, his support will be lowered and he will lose everything that is left.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 6 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

I see that you're new to the site. Before we get into it, I just want to make sure that you're aware of how the site works and what you're being charged? I'm not a site employee so I like to check that new customers are clear on what's going on.

Related Canada Law Questions