How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need some legal advise. I need to talk in person. Is it

Customer Question

My name is Dharmesh ***** and need some legal advise. JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Customer: I need to talk in person. Is it possible to call me onXXXXXXXX JA: Has anything been filed or reported? Customer: not yet JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: This is about the business I purchasewd with a promissory note but the seller hasn't paid my pay money for the last 2 years.

Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. As I am a lawyer in Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

So we can either post up and back or I can opt out and leave this question open for other experts to consider.

Please just let me know how you would prefer your question to be handled.


Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have to explain my situation and it is important that we talk on the phone. You can also suggest the name of a lawyer with phone number and I will call you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I want to cancel this. Please refund the money
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I don't work for the site. I am a practicing lawyer. I cannot provide refunds.

I can send a message to customer service and they will contact you.