How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have seen you give legal advise on domestic violence.

Customer Question

Hi, I have seen you give legal advise on domestic violence.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ontario
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes, my wife is on bail for domestic violence
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I wan to send a reconcile letter to the crown. The next hearing is give her the discloser. I have writen a letter which is self explanatory, I need somebody to look at that and provide me some advice.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am attaching the letter i wrote to crown, I like to know if I should omit any part of it or include something. It is wise to ask for a bail variation at this point or should I request for the withdrawal of the charge."
Dear Crown Attorney,I am writing this letter in regards ***** ***** no. ............. between the Crown and Ms........... I am .............., spouse of .................. and victim of the above mentioned case. I would like you to hear from me of my sincere desire to reconcile with my wife believing that you will understand the plight of this family experiencing because of this unwanted incident.Despite what happened on that night (physical abuse and holding a 3” onion cutter), I like to ensure you that my wife never intended or attempted to use the knife. In our 8 years of marriage life I have never experienced this before. I believe it was just a wrong thing on a wrong place and wrong time. She has never been charge with any kind of offence in Canada or abroad before. I love my wife and am not willing to give up on her. She loves her kid and me, and I am not in any way feeling ourselves unsafe with her.I would also like to say she has just graduated from ............ University and started her career with tremendous support to this family reflecting a good piece of who she is. This incident by a greater degree affected her career and put our family (me and my son) in great instability. Me and my son are feeling devastated for not being with her and want her back as soon as possible. Considering all these I believe she deserves to get a chance to show she is learned her lesson. She is smart and educated, and I have no doubt she will be able to better manage her emotions in future. I like to let you know that both for me and my wife, I am planning for family counselling and anger management program. I like to ensure we will do whatever is required to reconcile and learn how to manage arguments and conflicts.It is my humble request for an outcome from this for her to be home with me and her child and both of us making the best of this tough situation. I request you to provide a variation on the bail so that she can live with her son and husband and I request you to withdraw the charges against her.Yours Sincerely,.........................."
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 9 months ago.

We cannot provide legal advice on this website, only legal information.