Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

How many people can live in a two bed apt in ontario,

How many people can live in a two bed apt in ontario
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: ontario canada
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: iv rented two a single lady now has moved in a man and two kids I pay all utilites I had only a verbal agreement for her only
JA: Well, we require $5 .
Customer: Who do I pay
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No Thank you

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear that you are in this difficult situation.

Are you asking about whether the tenant is permitted to do this in Ontario?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What I'm asking is there was no lease I Rene ed to her as oneWhat I'm asking is I need her out too much noise bills are going up my rent increase is only two persent This is an apt up stairs in my house I could move in but not sure how long before I need her out I know I can move in but how much time to re rent

She can have whomever she wants live there with her unless she is causing a situation of overcrowding and she is not with two adults and two kids in a two bedroom apartment.

But she can be evicted if she is depriving you of peaceful enjoyment of your home.

Yes you can also evict her if you need the unit for yourself or your family. There is no time limit but if she takes you to the Landlord Tenant Board because she finds you have a new tenant you will have to provide proof that you intended to move in and then did for a while and then why you then took in a new tenant.

If you are not believed you will end up having to pay her moving fees and also paying the difference in rent for one year if she rents a comparable place that costs more.

Does that help clarify the law?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You have not really helped me

I am a senior lawyer in Ontario. It doesn't make sense to simply reply back and make that statement.

I cannot simply tell you what you want to hear but I can help you gain a good understanding of the law.

So why not take the time to explain what more information you would knowing that you cannot evict her for having roommates but you can evict for noise and that if you say you need the space for yourself you may have to prove it. Those are the laws. I don't make them but just explain them.

So what more can I help you with knowing all of this now?

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?