Mrs, originally from lebanon my husband lives in dubai and

Customer Question
Hello Mrs Wilson, I am...
Hello Mrs Wilson, I am Canadian originally from lebanon my husband lives in dubai and we are into a divorce. Would the judgement in Canada be enforced in Dubai?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Montreal
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: However, we got married In Lebanon I just filed a divorce here because in Lebanon I wouldn't be able to have any of my rights
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need to know if the judgement here can be enforced in Europe and on his bank account in Switzerland. Thank you!
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
11/28/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

There are no lawyers from Lebanon on this site.

I can only answer from the Canadian legal point of view.

Do you want me to explain how this all works in Canada?

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor