Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My wife and I are planning to buy a condo apartment in

Customer Question

My wife and I are planning to buy a condo apartment in Victoria BC for our daughter who currently works in Victoria. We want the condo to be in our daughter and granddaughter's name (ie the occupant's daughter) although the granddaughter currently owns a condo in Alberta. We would also like to have some control over the future sale of this condo and we are not sure if this is possible. Is it best to have all three names on title?
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Victoria, B.C.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No. She hasn't even started looking yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Open to any questions the lawyer may have.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Can you provide me a bit more information about why they want the condo in both your daughter and granddaughter's name and why you also want to have some control?