How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101458
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister in law has made a false report to the RCMP about

Customer Question

my sister in law has made a false report to the RCMP about me twice and a false report to child protection services
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: British Columbia Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: the RCMP have on file that she called them twice and lied to them. twice they contacted me and found that what she said was false and the ministry have a case file based on her false report
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my son is in her care and she has the ministry trying to make her the foster parent without my consent before I can obtain a copy of the case file which they have refused me putting themselves in direct ciolation of the Freedom of Information protection act
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you saying that the child was removed from your care because of these false allegations?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no I already had the child in question staying with his auntie
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did not realize she had plans of her own in place to take him from me
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have people who will provide signed statements. she told them she would take my children by "any means necessary"
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
or "whatever it takes"
Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Why did you leave the child with her?

What has the CAS said?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
she is my brothers wife, I asked her to look after the child while I was working during the summer. while I was working she went behind my back and began working with the ministry of child protection services. to have herself permanently named his guardian
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
child protection services has allied themselves with her and lost their professional objectivity
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
they are refusing to let me see the case file in direct opposition to the Freedom of Information Protection act. because they are in collusion with her. the women in the child protection office and her have a history, and my case file is full of evidence that proves they are conspiring with her to have my child taken from me for good.
I know this because they are willing to breach Canadian law in an effort to keep me from seeing the plot
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
they are buying for time and I need to know how I put a halt order on them proceeding until I can look at the case file myself
Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

That is not how this works.

What you need is to get a lawyer who will go to court and ensure you receive disclosure of all relevant documentation you are entitled to receive.

You can also make Information Request but what you receive will be heavily redacted.

All evidence against you that they have will have to be produced.

So instead of making allegations against that will further alienate those who have incredible power when it comes to your child, see a lawyer and deal with this through the proper legal channels.

Do you see what I mean?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?