How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My kids are canadian and so their dad. i am a filipina. i

Customer Question

hi there! my kids are canadian and so their dad. i am a filipina. i just sent the kids to him 3 weeks ago because i want them to have canadian experience and avail of free education in canada. i am in the philppines and the kids grew up with me and i supported them alone for years. most of the 10 years. now he is not allowing the kids to go online so they won't speak to me can i demand that he allow them to speak to me every night at least? i am worried of their psychological health if he cut my communication with the kids, we have been together all these years and suddenly no more communication.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: None yet. i am in the Philippines.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we are not married. i raised my kids for 10 years alone. it is his first time to parent them and he doesn't want them to talk to me just because we argued on text.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

How old are the children?

Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my question to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.


Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ten years old.
Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

I don't understand the answer. I though you have more than one child.

Related Canada Law Questions