Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Does a representation agreement give a representative

Customer Question

Does a representation agreement give a representative authority over the disposition of a deceased person's remains?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in B.C.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, my mother-in-law had my wife sign an agreement without my knowledge.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My wife is dying from cancer and likely has only a few days to live.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear of this terribly sad and difficult situation.

The representation agreement is only for when the person is living and there needs to be someone making decisions for them if they are not competent to make their own.

The executor of the Will is in charge of the deceased's remains and all other issue related to the funeral and burial.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?