Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I missed a court date, and its possible that there was a

Customer Question

I missed a court date, and its possible that there was a warrant for my arrest for non-payment of child support, will i be stopped at the US border if I try to travel on my jamaican passport?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: I am in Ontario
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no idea...I was a no show
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are in this difficult situation.

What was the court hearing for exactly?

And were you summoned to court or was this just a hearing about support and you receive a claim or notice of motion?

Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!