How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to speak to a divorce law expert in quebec. Quebec,

Customer Question

I need to speak to a divorce law expert in quebec.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Quebec
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 8 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

I'm not a Quebec lawyer, but I do divorce work a lot. While it's true that Quebec has its own unique civil code for many family and civil matters, the Divorce Act is federal legislation and does apply to Quebec as well.

If I can answer your questions then I'm happy to. If I can't because I'm not a Quebec expert then I'll opt out. I don't believe that there are any experts from Quebec in the site's Canada Law stable.

As well, I don't do phone calls. This is a US based site and isn't a law firm.

So what are the issues? Don't use details that can identify you.

Related Canada Law Questions