How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In a tenants in common situation should I not have the 1st.

Customer Question

In a tenants in common situation should I not have the 1st. option to purchase the other tenants holding?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: The property is in Manitoba Canada
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Yes . as of today I understand the deal of the undivided half will be sold off this Jan. 1st.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do I have the right to buyout my brother who is 1/2 owner and stop the sale of the family farm to a Hutterit colony?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  barristerinky replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! I need to transfer this to the Canada law category..

Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are in this difficult situation.

Is there an agreement in place between the two of you that talks about what happens if one of you wants to sell your share?

Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my question to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.