How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mum is going back to England for a 3 week holiday. she is

Customer Question

my mum is going back to England for a 3 week holiday. she is a british citizen. we came to Canada on feb.3 1965 and have landed immigrant and permanent residence status. Does my mum have to get a Canadian passport to come back to Canada?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: we reside in british Columbia canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I don't understand the question
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: mum just want to go to England for 3 weeks and return to Canada. she owns her own home outright (no mortgage)
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

Does she have a permanent residency card?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
we have been in Canada since feb. 3 1965
Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

Does she have the new PR that has to be renewed every 5 years or landing papers?

Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my question to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.


Related Canada Law Questions