How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Live in the US ( Card), however I have worked in Canada and

Customer Question

I am Canadian, and live in the US (Green Card), however I have worked in Canada and the US. Am I eligible for a Canadian Pension or is it tied to the 1984 Social Security Agreement?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Currently Missouri, however I have lived in Michigan, Illinois, North Carolinaand Colorado. In Canada I lived and worked in Ontario.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I am afraid I do not understand, as far as I was concerned I worked in both countries full time.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I be eligible for a Canadian Pension and a US pension in 5-10 years time?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I can only answer about the law in Canada but not in the US.

May I go ahead?

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my question to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.


Related Canada Law Questions