Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I live in Canada and am so distraught. My son went onto a

Customer Question

I live in Canada and am so distraught. My son went onto a Legal Adult Only Website. Had to pay to get on it. He was he thought conversing with a 35 year lady. She sent pictures and all. They agreed to meet at a coffee shop. Instead of her coming he was arrested. They said he was talking to a child. It took 22 months to go to trial. What can I do to help.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: I live in Canada. It was in Alberta. It happened Jan 7th 2015. His trial was Oct.3 of 2016
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: What do you mean by filed. He was orderd to prison for 15 months.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: our family feels it was a set up or I guess they call it a sting operation. Because he was on an Adult Only site. Had to pay for it. How could a child be on it. He has been harassed in prison and I would like to seem out with even an ankle bracelet. The other thing is he has a very bad heart condition.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 8 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

Have you been in touch with your son's lawyer about this?