Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I was approached by a company for a job position that I was

Customer Question

I was approached by a company for a job position that I was interviewed for and hired with the request to leave as soon as possible. I did accept however at this moment I am told I have three weeks to find another job because it is to much supervision in regard to my work.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: To make this clear for you I was in a residential property management and the new opportunity was in commercial property management which needs a bit transition and learning commercial contracts and for the first two weeks I was with no training. This is in Calgary Alberta
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: that's why I am asking I I was approached by them and hired by them and the promise was for me to be a property manager in a six months which now is changed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: In my past experience I had a little info about commercial property management and in a very short time iv learned a lot however I believe I need time until my three month were finished to be assessed and than a decision to be made. I want to know am eligible for anything because the new employer approached me and I did not apply for the job.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

The facts are hard to follow.

Can you please set them out again in your own words.

But essentially are you saying they lured you away from another job and then dismissed you almost right away?

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!