Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My spouse worked at a company and one week he worked his

Customer Question

My spouse worked at a company and one week he worked his regular full-work week, he was paid weekly.
His pay averaged let's say $800 a week. Somehow the company said they hired someone with the same name and over-paid him so they deducted income the next week he was paid.
The third weekend was let go from the company on a Tuesday and receives E.I. For just two days he worked-this can't be legal??
He worked 44hrs a week and is not receiving proper benefits.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry. I meant to say "and the third week was"I would like to know is this legal as he is not getting proper pay through E.I. and Are we able to launch an investigation?
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

How long did he work for the for in total?

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!