Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
70961067

I am located in Toronto, Canada. A police offer called me

Customer Question

I am located in Toronto, Canada. A police offer called me recently regarding a cash deposit made into my bank account in which I sold bitcoins for. The person who made the cash deposit was scammed by someone and i have already delivered the bitcoins to that scammer. What kind of warrants can the officer obtain in this case?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 9 months ago.

I'm not sure if you wished for me to answer this question again, but :

They can only search the locations listed in the warrant, so they'd only be able to search your home if they can convince a JP that it's likely evidence will be at your home. From what you've told me, that's unlikely since it's mostly bank trails. It's all a warrant, though the grounds and reasons for searching different places and items differ. I cannot say the chances of them succeeding as neither I nor you know the extent of the evidence they have on hand nor how avidly they wish to investigate this matter.

If that answers your question, would you kindly provide me with a positive rating. Thank you.

If you have not already done so, would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive credit for my services. Thank you.

Hopefully my answer was of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive credit for my services. Thank you.

Sorry to bother you but would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive credit for my services. Thank you.