How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter needs to get interim custody papers emergency

Customer Question

My daughter needs to get interim custody papers emergency papers asap
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The police said nothing could be done the father is a drug dealer
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He had a weekend visit and said he was not returning the children cause it was unsafe his place is full of drugs and 5 kids there are in danger
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Is there no order or agreement in place about custody or access?

When did your daughter separate from her spouse?

What did the police do? Did they check on the kids?

How old are the kids?

Does your daughter have a family lawyer yet?

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.


Related Canada Law Questions