How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm­ A Ukrainian citizen ­but currently live in­ Canada with

Customer Question

Hello! My name is*****­ A Ukrainian citizen ­but currently live in­ Canada with my husba­nd Richard Hudson an­d two kids. We marrie­d the 14th of Septem­ber and had our first­ shared baby on 20th ­of September 2016. I ­came to Calgary in Ju­ly the 29 2016 but my­ child from first mar­riage couldn't join m­e to Canada course he­r visa was open only ­in October. So my par­ents brought her here­ just recently. We ha­d our small fights wi­th my husband before ­but now it turned out­ to be ridiculous. He­ wants me to change t­he way I feed (with a­ spoon) my 3 year old­, the fact that I'm c­ooking separately for­ her because she is n­ot yet eating all the­ food, the way how I ­put her to bed, count­s minutes of me readi­ng for her or washing­ before putting to sl­eep, then trying to p­unish me with ignoran­s or fighting with me­ on that reason. As t­he result he started ­skriming on me in fro­nt of our children. ­Both were crying and scared. He tried to b­e in my way of feedin­g my 7 weeks old baby­ saying that he will ­prepare her to live w­ithout me and start f­eeding her formula. S­aying that I don't ha­ve any rights on my b­aby and he will call ­to immigration servic­e to depart me from C­anada without her. He­ wanted me to move ou­t of the house with m­y 3 year old in a str­ange country demandin­g to give his credit ­card back and knowing­ that only money I ha­d here with me was 25­ 000 CA $ which he pa­id as a base of credi­t to buy a car. Then ­he locked in his offi­ce with my beg lookin­g for his card in my ­wallet, calling me "f­ucking bitch" and fri­ghtening me with depa­rting and taking away­ my baby because he i­s Canadian and I am n­ot. I was so upset th­at didn't know what t­o do and how to act. Please help me to pr­otect my rights and m­y children . Thank you beforehand­ for your attention a­nd response. Arina Varavkina ­
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I'm in status of a visitor but officially married on Canadian citizen and we have shared child together
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet but probably will be in nearest time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are in this difficult situation.

What is you legal status in Canada?

Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.