How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got married to an illegal immigrant and well we are

Customer Question

i got married to an illegal immigrant and well we are thinking to move to canada if i leave first can i ask for him and get his papers started or what can i do.
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: no we started gathering the papers we need to give them for we can start but sorry to say since trump won we afraid that they will want to deport him so through that process that will take a year or two we dont want to take our chances that he can be deported
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes we gathering up the paper work they need to sign the contract
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Sorry about the delay. You are a U.S. Citizen or you are a Canadian citizen?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am a U.S Citizen
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

You want to know how you and your out of status spouse can obtain Canadian Residency status? I may have to transfer your question over to the proper forum.